Mar 19, 2011

Boston Restaurant Week 3 & Birthday Alert!

Much different this time when the biannual Restaurant Week comes around and majority of the restaurants are within walking distance from my apartment.
Sel De La Terre
774 Boylston Street, Boston
I really don't think Sel De Le Terre is worth going to for Restaurant Week. Their regular dishes are not even expensive or anything special. But it was a decision made last minute so it doesn't really matter. Everything was very So-so. The environment, the food and the service...
Charcuterie with jams, pickles, mustard and baguette
Poached local fluke and mussles with saffron potatoes, cider broth and baby Brussel sprouts
Grilled hanger steak frites; red wine-shallot reduction
(Not on the Restaurant Week menu but almost the ONLY good dish of the night)
Coconut panna cotta, blackberries, lemon verbena syrup
Almond cake, cranberry compote, blood orange, vanilla ice cream


359 Newbury Street, Boston
Truly worth it!  Their Dry Aged Sirloin Steaks are to die for! You won't find a more flavorful steak. Their New York strip is dry aged and hand cut in-house. A robust steak that is served au jus with no need for other adornment. The desserts were just okay but the steaks were so good to make up for everything. Surprisingly their filet mignon was just okay but mine was so good so just let my friends suffer *just kidding!

14oz Bone-In Kona Crusted Dry Aged Sirloin with Shallot Butter
(Crunchy on the outside, perfectly medium-rare cooked with the butter taste so soaped up on the inside -
OMG *dies - best steak I have had in life! )
Classic Cream Brulee
Flourless Chocolate Espresso Cake
Raspberry Sorbet
Mandarin Oriental
776 Boylston Street, Boston
Always love Asana because it is SO grand especially at night and always the best place to grab a couple of cocktails with friends. Asana has been on my list as one of my absolute favourite restaurants in Boston. Though thhe Restaurant Week menu was just okay this time, (Read the very good one from last time HERE), I decided to have my birthday dinner here instead of Morton's. I will update this post when I get better quality pictures and not have to use these shitty iphone pics -_-.


Okay this is only the first half of the night. My friends actually pulled off some crazy sh*t for my birthday later on that night but will continue this post tomorrow. I was actually tearing up ><)


At this point you probably realize how shallow and superficial I am wtf. I just freaking love going fine dining with friends and spend my money on these unworthy necessities :)


To be continued.... Stay tuned for the post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...