Apr 18, 2011

Dior makeover!

Guess where I went today? Yes, to a Dior makeover. If you have read my blog long enough, you probably remember I went to a Bobbi Brown makeover not to long ago, and that I love going to makeovers because I enjoy being pampered and dolled up without using my own hands wtf.

Nah but it was good testing out all the skincare and cosmetics products on my real face. My makeup artist Kathy called me in advance to NOT put any makeup on before. It made me feel like the end of the world - I felt so naked -_-''

 
Kathy started off applying some skincare products that I need beneath my makeup. The products I use are as follows:

Face:
Left: Diorskin Nude Cream Gel Compact in 030
Right: Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Fresh Powder Makeup SPF 10 in 030
It creates a healthy and light coverage. I like the fact that the gel compact doesn't make my skin oily (pretty much similar to the Bobbi Brown Moisturizing Cream Compact foundation that I used to own but with less coverage and no SPF )

Eyes:
All-in-one artistry Palette in Navy design
The palette itself is gorgeous and I like the fact that everything is included in the palette (shadows, highlight and liner) but I doubt I would use enough if I bought it. Its just not my cup of tea!

 
Mascaras:
Nothing is wrong with the products, but without curling my lashes, even better mascaras wouldnt do sh!t to my lashes -_-.

Blush:
Harmonic de Blush 
Love it on the pan, but don't think its impossible to find dupes. Rather buy a blush that I would use everything like my MAC Melba.

Lips:
Left: Dior Lip Glow (she suggested me to use my Lip Glow underneath - Review HERE)
Right: Dior Addict in 578 Diorkiss (the one on Kate Moss and Cathy recommended)


What I ended up buying:
1) Capture Total Eye Treatment: It has a metal roller plate for messaging. Fingers crossed it would work better than my current Skinfood Salmon Brightening Eye Massage Serum.
2) Diorskin Nude Cream Gel Compact in 030: Nothing super exciting or special about this product. I just missed my old Bobbi Brown Moisturizing Cream Compact foundation that I used to own but with less coverage and no SPF)
3) Dior Addict in 578 Diorkiss: Combined with my Dior Lip Glow, they turn into a bright bright pink. It's kinda ridiculous look but I kinda like it. HAHA


and what I got for free:
1) Leather makeup bag with mirror inside!
2) Compact with 3 shadows & 2 lip colors
3) Dior Addict samples (I know I will get more after I try them out!)
Do you own anything from Dior summer 2011?  What do you have from them and what are your recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...